The system is designed for players joining at any point into an established leaderboard, much like in online PvP computer games.
- When a player first starts they get 100 points.
- Each game you win you take 10% of your opponent's points.
- Hence, no player can go below zero.
- For games that are purely skill-based (no luck or pay-to-win), it is very quick to rise to the top of the leaderboard, just challenge and win against players with high scores.
- To stop players at the top only challenging / accepting challenges from weak players, a player cannot challenge another player if he/she has unanswered challenges and challenges must be accepted in order.
- To avoid players stalling for time, games can time out, with a penalty to both players in excess of the 10%