Monday 12 May 2008

Spring loaded syringe guard

I don't like needles. I'm not adverse to pain, but the thought of something that can penetrate my skin so easily gives me the heebie-jeebies. On a serious note, needles contaminated with bloodbourne diseases are a killer. It occurs to me that a spring-loaded guard could protect people from contaminated needles. The guard is pulled back to use the needle and then springs back into place once it has been used. A catch system could make it that once it has sprung back, it is locked in place. The diagram below illustrates (although not a catch as this was too hard to draw!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyy
thats a very simple drawing of a spring loaded syringe (at least from the rest i've seen).
how does it work though? I don't really get it...

please reply to jessiesradiance@yahoo.com