The process would look something like the following:
- the sender (who requires the data) builds an email with a form generator tool (selecting widgets such as dropdowns and input boxes);
- the sender then sends the email to the recipients
- the recipients open the email, fill out the form and reply
- the original sender would receive the reply in a structured format
- the email application of the original would collate all responses, tracking those not received and build up a database (single table spreadsheet / RDBMS style / object oriented) of the responses (or potentially the receiving email address application could be set up to pump the received data into a server-hosted database)
The advantages of this system are that there is no need to move outside of the email application to use web forms (can be done offline, then sync), and that structured data is collected into a useful format without manual copy-paste.