Saturday 10 March 2018

Ad blocker for the real world - the end of out-of-home advertising

One of the great benefits I'm looking forward to when donning my AR glasses in the, hopefully not too distant, future is the software that I'm sure will quickly be developed allowing me to block out all out-of-home advertising.

Using AI/machine learning/image recognition every billboard can be detected, and it's contents changed to something I want to see, rather than something someone else wants me to see. It could be that the billboard itself is detected, or perhaps the content. Content detection could be through either machine learning techniques or crowd-sourcing, or a combination of the two.

It might even possible for my AR glasses to block TV advertising, and use noise cancelling technology so I don't have to hear them either.

I hope these technologies empower consumers to have a more balanced relationship with the brands that advertise to them.

1 comment:

adreama said...

And here it is on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ivancash/irl-glasses-glasses-that-block-screens/description