Saturday 25 June 2011

Traffic lights: how many are there; and how lucky have I been?

Often when driving, particularly when driving a route I do often, I wonder how many traffic lights there are on the route, and how lucky I have been (how many of them I have had to wait at, and how long I have had to wait at traffic lights in total). Obviously the latter is indicated by journey time, but I want more data than that.

Obviously, I could manually note down each traffic light on the route, and the length of time I've had to wait at it, but where would be the fun in that. I want an automated solution. The combination of GPS, clock and map data.

When planning the route on Google Maps before the journey, I'd like data on how many traffic lights there are for that journey.

When I finish a journey, I'd like a message on my dashboard saying "There were X traffic lights on that journey, at which you had to wait at Y, for Z minutes in total".

No comments: